Monday, February 6, 2012

Open Eyes

I close my eyes and I see home, the place where I grew and the people that I knew.
I open my eyes and I see home, a new place where I grow with people I’m soon to know.
I close my eyes and I see my Mom and Sister, the women who made me this person I am
I open my eyes and I see my wife, the woman who absolutely loves this man that I am.
I close my eyes and I see my Dad, the man who showed me the way.
I open my eyes and I see myself in the mirror,
So much like my father, oh how I see it clearer.

So much I want to do to show that I understand
I am only here by the love and grace that I found in your hands.
I am who I am for many good reasons.
If not for love, life would only be time filled with seasons.
I open my eyes and what do I see but a future worth living as the man that I am.
Thank you to my Mother and thank you to my Father
I’ve made it this far but just you wait I’ll make it farther.

To my wife who’s the best of me this is what I know,
You said that you’d follow me no matter where I go.
The love that you give fits me perfectly.
Only God would have known that it was you that would complete me.
To the life that we’ll have in the years to come, just knowing that you’re mine gives me peace that overcomes.

To my family and my beautiful wife, thank you for all your love.

No comments:

Post a Comment