Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Graduation (In Its Full)

Graduation is next weekend and I have no idea what the future holds for me. Of course I have a plan immediately afterwards but it is only temporary. Hopefully it will lead me closer to the career that God has clearly made known to me. The thought of being done with my undergrad seems so unreal that I have to pinch myself from time to time just to remind myself that it's really happening. It has been a long road. A road covered with stress, frustration, disappointment, change.......but all along the way it has been a journey of self discovery. I learned that I have what it takes to better myself intellectually and that with a little bit of planning skills I can accomplish multiple tasks within a demanding time frame.
I have overcome many obstacles throughout the past five and a half years and I am thankful that I am coming out on top. After high school I thought that I wasn't cut out for college....that I would not be able to keep up...but I did. I thank God for never letting up and never allowing me to walk away. I know because of his faithfulness that I was made for a purpose--as we all are--but I know that I have a specific purpose that only I can fulfill.
The one subject that I will never forget from my college experience will be......me. I learned exactly what I am. I am a man who was made to love and care for people of all ages, especially teenagers. I thank God for not granting my wish of going to Southeastern University because if he had I wouldn't be where I am today. I have the best wife a man could ever hope for, friends that so happen to be the best people on this Earth, and a church family that truly grasps what it means to be the body of Christ. All of these relationships have played a crucial role in the development of my adult character and I am blessed to have them.
God, thank you for believing in me and giving me all the tools necessary to have gotten this far. I know that your love and faithfulness will never leave me or forsake me. I know without a shout of a doubt that after graduation you will turn my life upside down with something I will have never expected....and I'm okay with that. To live a life under your purpose is to live a life in its full.

No comments:

Post a Comment